What's New (last updated May 31, 2000)
The Convention is Over...
... but the web page lingers on. For a link to this year's convention, see
Thanks to Charles DeVore, we have photos of
costumes from the Masquerade (and others).
- What: OryCon 22, Portland's premiere science fiction convention
- When: November 17-19, 2000 (Note:
Not the usual Veteran's Day weekend!)
- Where: The Doubletree Hotel Portland
Columbia River in
- OryCon 22 will be a weaponless convention.
Smoking will be allowed in designated areas only.
OryCon offers programming, workshops,
small group discussions, an
a dealers' room, filking,
dances, gaming, masquerade,
a video program, the Susan Petrey Scholarship
auction, and much more!
- OryCon's main hotel is full. Here are some of the other hotels
in the area:
DoubleTree Jantzen Beach 503-283-4466
Oxford Suites 800-548-7848
Red Lion Inn at the Quay 503-285-0636
Shilo Inn, Vancouver, WA
Fort Motel, Vancouver, WA
Days Inn, Portland, OR
Holiday Inn, Portland, OR 503-283-8000
Best Western, Portland, OR 503-286-9600
- Volunteers are needed on Thursday to help set up the art show.
Click here for details.
- The nearly final list of program
participants is now available.
- A PDB file of the OryCon program is now
available for use on your Palm or compatible handheld computer.
Guests of Honor
- Memberships in OryCon 22 will cost $50 at the convention.
Memberships are no longer available by mail or at
Wrigley-Cross Books (1809
NE 39th) or Future Dreams (1800 East Burnside).
- Children ages 6-12 are half price. Children 5 and under are
free. Children must be accompanied by an adult with a
- Because of space limitations at the hotel, memberships will be
limited to a total of 1600. Once we've sold that many, we'll start
turning people away at the door. So get your memberships early!
- As of November 10 we have processed
- If you're wondering if you have your membership yet, you can
search our current membership list.
How to Contact Us
Click here for a committee list with e-mail
addresses for individual committee members.
- Postal: OryCon 22, PO Box 5703, Portland, Oregon 97228
- Telephone: (503) 774-1043
Click here for information on committee meetings.
OryCon 22 is a production of Oregon
Science Fiction Conventions, Inc. (OSFCI), a non-profit,
"OryCon" and "OSFCI" are service marks of Oregon Science Fiction
This page created and maintained by David D. Levine,
Illustrations by Cristopher Decker.
Return to the OryCon Home Page.