Orycon 22 Masquerade Rules and Information
Welcome to the Orycon Masquerade. Once again the Masquerade will be
directed by Don Glover, the younger. Here is some info to help you get
started in preparing your presentation for Orycon. Don will be happy to
help with any problems, and to do what ever we need to do (within reason
of course) to help you present your costume on stage. Please review the
If you need to reach Don prior to the convention his address is
650 NW 76th St
Seattle WA 98117-4044
His phone number is (206) 297-0954 and email address is
(His web page, if you really care is
Rules of the Masquerade
Anyone 13 and under.
Anyone who has not previously won at a world class competition (i.e.
Worldcon or Costume Con) and has won no more than tow times as a Novice.
Anyone who is an amateur and has had up to three wins at the world class
This division is open to anyone, but the following must compete
at this level:
- Anyone who has more than three wins at the Journeyman level.
- Professional Costumers.
- Winners of best of show at a world class competition.
Please Review the following rules:
- No purchased, rented, or commercial costumes; credit must be given
for all make-up and costume construction.
- No pyrotechnics, fog machines, wind machines, Jacob's Ladders, or
oscillation Overthrusters, whatever those are.
- No real firearms. Handle realistic-looking firearms with care. In
fact, no dangerous or potentially dangerous props will be allowed
without the close inspection of the weapons master. No weapons will be
pointed at the judges and any other weapon play must be approved by the
- This Masquerade is rated PG-13. As much as I might enjoy it
personally. I will have to insist on no nudity or partial nudity. Lack
of costume is not a costume.
- No flash photography of contestants onstage. Offstage, please get
permission form the costumer before you flash. And remember, there may
be people around you who are sensitive to your flash.
- Presentation time limits: one minute for a group of 1-4 people, two
minutes for a group of 5-8, and three minutes for a group of 9 or more.
Additional time may be given by the Masquerade Director on a case by
- No live mikes! If your presentation includes dialog, please add it
to your soundtrack tape.
- The Masquerade Director has the final say.
- And finally, the obligatory no peanut butter rule. No messy
substances--that is, nothing that will ruin another costume or make the
floor sticky, gritty, slippery, slimy, bumpy, lumpy, scorched, toxic, or
Go to the Masquerade Registration Form
Return to the OryCon 22 Home Page