What's New (last updated
December 1, 2003)
The Convention is Over...
... but the web page lingers on. For a link to this year's convention, see
OryCon offers programming, workshops, small group discussions, an art
show, a dealers' room, filking, dances, gaming, a masked ball, the Susan Petrey Scholarship auction,
and much more!
Guests of Honor
- Author Guest of Honor: Nina Kiriki Hoffman, author of Past the Size of Dreaming and A Fistful of Sky
- Science and Author Guest of Honor: Ken Goddard, forensic scientist and
author of First Contact and Outer Perimeter
- Editor Guest of Honor: Toni Weisskopf of Baen Books
- Special Editor Guest: Martin Greenberg of Tekno Books
- Featured Artist: Gail Butler
- Friends of Filk Guest:
- Memberships in OryCon 25 will be available at the door:
- Whole weekend: $50.00
- Saturday only: $25.00 ($20 with a GameStorm membership)
- Children age 6-12 are half price. Children 5 and under are
free. Children must be accompanied by an adult with a membership.
- To transfer a membership, send a signed letter to the
convention PO box (below) with the new member's name and address.
- A $10 handling fee will be charged for membership refunds.
There is no charge to transfer a membership to someone else.
- Because of space limitations at the hotel, memberships will be
limited to a total of 1600. Once we've sold that many, we'll start
turning people away at the door. So get your memberships early!
- If you're wondering if you have your membership yet, you can
search our current membership list.
- You can now buy a mug, stein, mousepad, lunchbox,
postcard, or poster with the OryCon 25 logo (shown to the right) at our
- Our hotel is the Doubletree Hotel Portland Columbia River.
- The room rate is $95 (plus tax) per night, for up to four
people in a room; each additional person adds $15 for rollaways. If you
specifically ask for a river-view room you'll pay $15 extra.
- The Interstate Wing is designated as the party wing.
If you plan to hold a party, you need to make sure your room is
reserved there. As before, the hotel will charge a $100 deposit against
damage/cleaning for open parties (they do this for all groups, not
just OryCon). To date, however, all such deposits have been completely
refunded and the hotel has been very happy with us. Open parties also
need to be registered in the convention office, so that we can coordinate
with the hotel and help you get needed trash bags and cleaning supplies
from the hotel.
- The best way to book a room is to call the hotel directly at
- You can also book your room through the hotel's web site,
using the "Group Code" ORY for OryCon Non-party or ORP
for OryCon Party.
Programming and Events
For More Information
OryCon 25 is a production of Oregon
Science Fiction Conventions, Inc. (OSFCI), a non-profit,
This page created and maintained by David D. Levine,
Return to the OryCon Home Page.