OryCon 25 Writers' Workshop Guidelines
Deadline for submission of manuscripts is September 29, 2003.
Manuscripts should be no longer than 30 pages in length for short stories,
or 30 pages plus a 2-3 page outline/synopsis of the remainder of the
story for a novel. (You may enter either a short story or a novel but
The story should be in manuscript form; i.e.,
Please state whether you have ever participated in a workshop before
and/or if you have ever published a story. Also please state if the story
you are submitting has been through a workshop or published before.
- Printed on one side of a standard 8.5 x11 inch sheet of white typing paper
- Your name, address, phone number and/or email in the left upper
corner of the first page along with the title of your story centered on
the line about half way down the page.
- Your name, title of story, contact number, and page number should
be at the top of each page of the manuscript (other than the first page,
- You should double space your lines on the page.
- Leave 1 inch margins all around (except first page which begins in
approximately the middle, see #2).
- Please use black printing.
There is a $10 fee for copying and postage as each member of a workshop,
including the pro, will received a copy of each other's story to critique
before the convention. Please include a check or money order for $10
U.S. with your submission. Make checks payable to OryCon 25.
Mail your manuscripts to:
If you have any other questions you can contact me at
C/o Writer's Workshop
7835 SE Morrison
Portland, Oregon 97215
OryCon Writer's Workshop
Return to the OryCon 25 Home Page