Portland, Oregon's Premier Science Fiction Convention
What's New (last updated
December 1, 2004)
The Convention is Over...
... but the web page lingers on. For a link to this year's convention, see
OryCon offers programming, writers'
workshops, small group discussions, an
a dealers' room, filking, dances, gaming, a masked ball, the
Susan Petrey Scholarship auction,
and much more!
Guests of Honor
- Memberships in OryCon 26 will be available at the door:
- Children age 6-12 are half price. Children 5 and under are
free. Children must be accompanied by an adult with a membership.
- To transfer a membership, send a signed letter to the
convention PO box (below) with the new member's name and address.
- A $5 handling fee will be charged for membership refunds
($10 after 7/31/04). There is no charge to transfer a membership to
- If you're wondering if you have your membership yet, you can
search our current membership list.
- If you have any questions about your membership status, send
email to David Schaber at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our hotel is the Doubletree Hotel Portland Columbia River.
- The room rate is $95 (plus tax) per night, for up to four
people in a room; each additional person adds $15 for rollaways. If you
specifically ask for a river-view room you'll pay $15 extra.
- The best way to book a room is to call the hotel directly at
- You can also go to the hotel's web site and enter the code ORY in the Group/Convention code field.
- If you want to hold an open party in your room:
- Book your room by phone (503-283-2111) and tell the operator
you want the Interstate wing. You can't do this through the
web site, and the phone operators don't seem to understand the concept
- The hotel will charge a $100 deposit against damage/cleaning for
open parties (they do this for all groups, not just OryCon). To date,
however, almost all such deposits have been completely refunded and the
hotel has been very happy with us.
- Email Diana Callihan at email@example.com
with the name the room was reserved in, your reservation number, arrival
and departure dates, and number of people in the room. Diana will make
sure you are booked in the party wing.
- When you get to the convention, register your party in the convention
office, so that we can coordinate with the hotel and help you get needed
trash bags and cleaning supplies from the hotel.
- It is your responsibility to make sure that alcohol is not served
to any underage people at your party.
Programming and Events
For More Information
OryCon 26 is a production of Oregon
Science Fiction Conventions, Inc. (OSFCI), a non-profit,
This page created and maintained by David D. Levine,
Return to the OryCon Home Page.